In keeping with its commitment to academic excellence and continuous development, Agra College, Agra added another feather to its cap in 1999 with the establishment of Faculty of Engineering and Technology (under self-finance scheme). This was in addition to hitherto existing four Faculties-science, Arts, Fine Arts and Law. The Faculty of Engineering & Technology is duly recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) New Delhi, Ministry of H.R.D. Govt. of India, New Delhi, and affiliated to U.P. Technical University, Lucknow. In the midst of burgeoning growth of private Engineering Colleges, it is a rare distinction for Agra College that the AICTE has granted it permission to establish a Faculty of Engineering & Technology, which underlines our strength and development potential. With respect to infrastructure and engineering education, the faculty is far ahead of the standard and parameters laid down by AICTE. History Of Agra College Agra College enjoys the privilege of being the oldest institution of learning in North India. It was founded in 1823 A.D. with the pioneering efforts of the noted Sanskrit scholar and astrologer Pandit Gangadhar Shastri. The institution functioned as Government College till 1883. Thereafter, its management was handed over to Board of Trustees and a Committee of Management, both approved by the Government. Ever since its inception in 1823, Agra College has enjoyed the singular privilege of wending out to the world, illustrious personalities who have carved out an enviable place in the national and international mainstream. Among its alumni are personalities like Pt. Moti Lal Nehru, Pt. K.D. Paliwal, Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru, Shri gopal Swaroop Pathak, Justice S.K. Dhar, Shri Gulzari Lal Nanda, Chaudhary Charan Singh and a host of others. In 1923, the college celebrated its centenary, which was graced by the then Viceroy, Lord Reading. Originally, the college was aggiliated to Calcutta University from 1887 to 1926, it was affiliated to Allahabad University and since 1927, it is affiliated to Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra(formerly Agra University).